Site Activity Check + Next Plot Event Feedback,Suggestions. Feb 12, 2020 7:30:35 GMT
Post by njrk97 on Feb 12, 2020 7:30:35 GMT
So Hey Everyone, its uhh, been a while since i did one of these.
So first and foremost with a few older members coming back I wanted to do a headcount activity check, this is for what I hope are upcoming events so I have a better idea of the populations of each factions. So similar to a activity check, post in here if you are active.
Ontop of that I figured I would once again ask the community for suggestions, it’s no secret that the events have been underwhelming to nonexistant, once again my fault, in the future I really do want to work towards having what amounts to Story Moderators, dedicated members who are able to help Suggest, Define and GM plot events so that my own absences are not as large of an impact.
Regardless the reasons thing are so slow is because I have been struggling to define the player side of the next plot event, I have the overview done up, I know what the endgame shall be and how it directly contributes to the start of the real conflict between the Rebels and Homeworld, but that in itself is the issue, since I have a defined endgame for the plot event one side has to win and the other has to lose, and I feel like a Plot event where the outcome is already defined may not be the most engaging for both sides.
So as a general outline,
"Reinforcements from Homeworld are on their way to Earth, with a war plan set out and backing from the other Diamonds its finally Pinks Time to Quell this Rebellion, After the Ball the Ships were sent off, a slower voyage then most the volume of ships meant that it was impossible for all of them to enter FTL travel (I wont bore you with the detials, The Nephrite i asked mentioned something about Event horizons, creating black holes, Resonant Quantum Singularities and Ships Phasing into each other, regardless cant be done). The Crystal Gems are not willing to simply sit down and let this happen, a buried and derelict gem ship, housing a forgotten weapon, from a gem who fled to Earth many decades before Pink started Colonisation, still lays Dormant on the Planet, something that could allow the Crystal Gems a chance when Homeworld arrives, they know of the weapon, but it lays sleeping, a code, a voice is required to stir it, and it just so happens, someone on the Moonbase, can provide exactly that voice."
So as is implied there, the CG needs to succeed in taking this gem for the rest of the Plot stuff to work. As such i'm not quite sure whether having a primary mission based that would be engaging, knowing that regardless of what happens the HW gems have to lose. As such my own thoughts and plans have been as followed, Have a smaller Crystal Gem strike team (Maybe only one or Two users on the Crystal Gem Side) After the Gem that needs to be taken. This would be an isolated event, only Euclase (maybe another users depending on the numbers) would potentially be part of it combat wise (On Homeworld's side) as Euclase can be poofed somewhat easier, granted she will still put up a fight before she gets poofed.
Then have the more primary CG vs HW event be something happening alongside this, something that does have the dynamics of being able to go either way in terms of Victory. This would be the Event that a majority of the signed up members would be a part of.
So the intention of this thread is this,
1. Activity check, figure out the numbers of each Faction to help organise this.
2. Throw up the question to everyone, what would people suggest or like to see as the primary event, the event happening alongside the smaller mission to take the needed Gem.
Some ideas I had that could work
1. Another intel mission trying to access somewhere in the Moonbase that has some more important information the CG’s could use, IE more extensive and complete Blueprints and classified information of this Superweapon than the incomplete plans they have already, allowing them to adjust, repair and tweak the weapon, opening up a future plot event where HW must go down and try to destroy the weapon while CGs Defend it as with the weapon repaired, HW cant gather larger groups of ships in one place for fear they could be targeted.
2. Intel again, but this time the mission requires trying to access PD’s Throne room, bugging her Throne so that CGs are able to listen in on any and all communications she makes for some time. This would In Universe give a justification for CGs to then be savy to any future Homeworld Plot events and quite a few of Homeworlds Plans and Army Movements. Since naturally it would take quite a while for anyone to realise the security leak is from PD’s own Network.
3. Outright distraction and disarray, CG break into the medical facility and proceed to free corrupted gems causing havoc across the base to divert and thin the Moonbase Guards as they chase after and contain all the corrupted gems. HW gems must respond to the outbreak, while also trying to engage the CG present, but Corrupted gems are Friends to neither side, perhaps each side can use that to their advantage in a fight. If CGs succeed and escape then the Moonbase is left in disarray weakening their armies even more and making a rescue mission to get the taken gem back have far less NPC gems on Homeworlds Side to use (Or it delays the rescue mission im still not quite sure what the outcome would be on this event). While if Homeworld Succeeded the Crystal Gems are either captured or Flee, The outbreak is contained on the Moonbase and Homeworld reinforces their Security making any future events to break into the Medical Facility far harder.
If you have your own suggestions aswell feel free to throw them up.
Ahh Now before i forget, the Activity Check Template
1st Character Account:1st Character Name: (With a Link to their Character Template)
1st Character Faction:
2nd Character Account:2nd Character Name: (With a Link to their Character Template)
2nd Character Faction:
So on and So Forth for every active character you have.